Search This Blog

Monday, February 14, 2011

My Name is Mikz the Guitarizt

                It all started when I’m still just a little kid dreaming that I’m playing a guitar. At school I watched my classmates play guitar, they were playing the song “Narda” by Kamikazee which was a very popular song by that time. I was jealous that they can play a guitar while I just can’t. But that doesn’t stop me in playing a guitar. It just kept me more interested in it anyway. After I graduated elementary, the summer vacation was the only time I had to study and learn how to play a guitar but I know I can’t because there is no one I know that will led me his guitar and teach me how to play it. After all the disappointment, I just watched MYX and then I saw a band named Sponge Cola that inspired me a lot about playing a music you’ve known. From then on, I became a fan of Sponge Cola. I always listen to their songs. I also watched Callalily in MYX Bandarito and also inspire me to play guitars. After being inspired truly, my father bought me a guitar as a gift for my birthday. I’m so happy about it. I studied playing guitars on my own until I mastered the basics.

                Summer is over and I’m a freshman of of Dizon High. Here, I met Kim and Shidrex who were fond of playing guitar. I ask them if they could teach me more about playing the guitar and they did teach me. After mastering the basics and advance chords, I proudly say that I’m already a guitarist but still I need to learn more. It feels really great knowing that you can actually play the guitar now with ease.
                The next year, I mastered playing the rhythm part of every song I know and the songs requested by my classmates. Me and Shidrex always convert and he played the lead part while I stick to the rhythms. After mastering the correct strumming, I moved on studying the bass part. It’s much easier than the rhythm part that’s why I learned it fast.

                The next year, I can now perform in front of class. I even performed in my grandmother’s 60th birthday. Well, after three years of practicing, I formed a band named “Knights”. I had Shidrex as my lead guitarist, Norlan as my bassist and Edward as my drummer. We joined the 2009 Shindig audition but unluckily we didn’t make it through. But we’re planning to join this year concert audition adding Mariz and Danica as our vocalists and we hope we’d make it through.
  
              Everything that happened or will happen is part of my life as a guitarist. Hard work and patience finally paid-off. I’m now a guitarist of my band “Rockoustic”. This is me. This is what I am. This is my reflection f myself, a guitarist. This is what I do and I’m crazy about it. and the name is Gitarizta Mikz.

No comments:

Post a Comment